Help me find the perfect car please!

I have been looking at Cars for months trying to pick one but there are sooo many. Please help me find the right one.

I need:

1.Front wheel, four wheel, or all wheel drive

2. Used or New 2003-2011

3. A relatively inexpensive car that I could buy used for under 15,000

4. Sedan, Coupe, or 3-door

5. automatic

6. MPG above 18

7. Cool/sporty looking (im 20 years old)

Some cars that I have looked at and like are 2004-2009 Mazda 3 sedans, 2007-present Mitsubishi Lancer, Scion tC, and Kia Forte Coupe.

My dream car is a 2005-2009 Ford Mustang… but they are rear wheel drive :frowning:

What’s wrong with rear wheel drive?

I would check the potential insurance rates before you make the leap. It will be a large portion of your automotive cost at 20 yrs old beyond maintenance/purchase/fuel.

Skip Lancer…Kia & Scion are decent cars but not sure about insurance on Scion.

My regret in my 20’s was owning a more expensive (financed) vehicle that required full insurance. I remember paying $1200/yr to own a newish Civic. I believe 2/3 of that cost was actually the collision and comprehensive insurance.

Based on your criteria, I would recommend the following cars:

Acura TSX 2004-05 models
Nissan Altima 2005-07 models
Scion tC 2007-08 models
Subaru Impreza WRX 2005-06 models
Volkswagen Rabbit 2008-09 models

All are either FWD or AWD, are economical as well as sporty, are within your price parameters, and most importantly, are listed by Consumer Reports as “Reliable Used Car Models”. However, even the most reliable design can turn into a mechanical nightmare if it has not been maintained properly. As a result, your should eliminate any cars that do not come with full maintenance records.

DO NOT rely on Carfax, as those reports typically omit more information than they include. Many people have purchased cars based on “clean” Carfax reports, only to find after purchase that the car had actually been wrecked and rebuilt, or been in a flood, or…

And, be sure to have any serious candidates for purchase checked out by a mechanic of your choosing prior to purchase.

Learn to drive stick and ANY car becomes a “sporty” car. To repeat–what is wrong with rear-wheel drive?

I want the one with that 200 mpg carburetor on it. ?

I’m a girl and my parents are paying for my car… that’s whats wrong with rear wheel drive :frowning:

(they are bad in the snow.)

They’re fine in the snow if you have snow tires and a sensible driver. People who think this way probably have never driven modern rear wheel cars in the winter with modern snow tires.

I have an '07 Mustang convertible, and the traction control makes your parents concern totally irrelevant. It drives fine in the snow, but I will admit that the car generates so much rear-wheel torque that driving it in the snow without traction control would be a really bad idea.