Help me choose!

I’m trying to decide between a 2014 Lincoln MKZ, 2014 Hyundai Azera, and a 2015 Hyundai Sonata. I’m replacing my wife’s car which is a 2009 focus. We were looking for a full size sedan to fit two rear facing car seats. We already have done tests and even the MKZ fits them comfortably. I’m comfortable working on cars in my own garage with the exception of all these new electronic gadgets that cars come with now. Which car would give me the longest trouble free use. What would you all recommend?

Since I haven’t test driven any of those cars, and you likely have, I wonder how my opinion might be useful. Which of them did you enjoy driving the most?

Hyundai has come a long way since they first started offering a 100,000 mile warranty, and Lincolns aren’t exactly known for being reliable. With that in mind, I might lean towards the Hyundais. That’s all I’ve got.

2 Likes

I would avoid a Lincoln. The toughest large car is probably a Toyota Avalon; very spacious inside. But you may have trouble finding a used one.

The Hyundai Azera is a good car but parts may be expensive. It was not a best seller and you are at the mercy of the dealer. My brother in law has a Sonata and really likes it. His wife needs a crutch and the spacious interior meets their needs.

1 Like

Yeah we looked at the avalons, we could find one used, and may have to reconsider, but weren’t really impressed with it at the time.

A new vehicle with warranty and you will not have to worry about previous history. At the end of the warranty you will know if you want to keep driving ( best idea ) or not.
I am like Mr. Mountainbike, why are these vehicles on a lot so soon?

Because I’d rather not take the depreciation hit, I’m really not worried about warranty/previous history unless it’s a lemon type situation.

Well you should be.

3 Likes

They are most likely on the lot because they were leased. This can be confirmed by looking at the CarFax. It will show that at least. The CarFax might also have a maintenance history if it was maintained by the dealer that leased it. The CarFax will almost certainly have the warranty repair history. I’m not a big fan of CarFax unless it I should for newer cars, like off lease vehicles. Accident info might be available too on a leased car.