Help I don't know whats wrong with my stalling car

Hello, I was the proud owner of a 2005 VW Jetta (new body style), US specs. I purchased the car in July 2008. Ive had issue after issue with the car. Recently, i had the engine light coming on. The car wasn’t acting funny or sound funny. Either way, took it in to the dealer and they didn’t know what was wrong. They reset the sensor and in a matter of a couple of hours, the light came back on. Next morning I was back in the dealership. Second time they change some plastic thing on the car and a filter. Picked up the car that evening, within a hour the light was back on. Next morning for the 3rd time I took the car back in. this time they kept the car for 2-days. They called me and said it was the fuel pump. I said go ahead and replace it. Great, car worked fine for about 3 weeks or so. All of sudden my car after it would warm up (190 degrees)it started stalling, meaning like it was going to turn off on me. I took it in to the dealer, they couldn’t find anything. They told me it probably needed an oil change and a tune up since my spark plugs had never been changed and my vehicle had 50K miles. I was like go for it. They did all that, nothing, car was still stalling, acting like it was going to turn off. I think its related to the fuel pump. The parculiar thing is that it only randomly stalls after the car has reached its normal temp (190 degrees). All they do is hook it to the machine and see what it tells them is wrong. I wish they would drive it to see.

Help, these guys here in (Germany) can’t figure out what is wrong with my car.

That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P0123) not just their translation into English and post it back here. 

CEL’s do not say this or that needs replaced. It says there is a message saying something is not right with the system. Often that code gets translated by someone who may not have even looked at your car.

Do they have Autozones in Germany? Who would have thought…

I was tweaking my very respected friend Joseph, but his point is spot-on. You need to find a shop other than the one you’re using that can download and read the fault codes in the ECU. If there are not any in your area, you could order a code reader and a repair manual over the internet and give it a go yourself.

You would think a VW dealer in Deutschland would know how to fix a Jetta. I’m only assuming that the Euro spec cars have the same OBD II system as those exported here. Do they? Are there parts supply stores that will scan a code for you for free?

I think what you need the dealer to do is drive the car until it warms up and acts up. Only then can a more precise scan tool find the situation causing your problem,

So, did you ever figure out the problem? I have a 2003 Jetta and it’s doing the SAME THING. I’ve spent too much money replacing the fuel pump twice as well as other parts. HELP!