HELP! Haven't started '02 Saab 9-3 in 1 year!

One of my colleagues came back from the store, and surprised a guy lying under his car, undoubtedly up to no good

He dragged him out by the legs, and proceeded to beat him to a pulp :head_bandage:

That sucker got what he deserved :punch:

IMO thieves are parasites on society . . . they essentially serve no useful purpose, except to survive, at somebody elseā€™s expense

probably just a homeless guy trying to find a cozy place to sleep.

I think not

There were tools visible

A homeless mechanic, known as Crusty.:wink:

I only know of ā€œCrusty the clownā€

:smirk:

Naw Crusty was the old mechanic that the boys on the radio would refer to once in a while. I remember the show where he had the big bottle of aspirins that heā€™d put in the thermostat to help bleed it. At any rate around here there was a fad where these guys would cut the cats off of cars parked in park and rides and so on. Havenā€™t heard much about it the last few years but theyā€™d use battery angle grinders to cut the things off. Nice guys. Then they stole the street light cables in St. Paul once. They get about $500 worth of scrap and cause $20,000 in damage. Some would suggest just paying them not to steal would be cheaper. (I jest)

There is actually a bill in the Washington DC legislative that would pay ā€œwould beā€ criminals up to $9000 NOT to commit crimes. I donā€™t know where the bill stands at the moment. Itā€™s my understanding that Richmond, California already has a similar program in place.

OK so can I declare myself to be a ā€œcriminalā€ to get an additional $9000 a year? Iā€™d like that.

Certainly many congressmen and senators should sign up, too.

How did we get stupid enough to propose such a bill???

This has to be the idiotic law of the century.

Itā€™s not that we are stupid, itā€™s the legislators that are stupid. But we already knew that.

4 Likes

The D.C.Plan has been abandoned.

Hereā€™s the Snopes article on The Richmond, CA plan.

Newer cars have anti-rollover valves in the filler neck to prevent spillage in an accident. So siphoning is very difficult if not impossible now because of those obstructions. So thieves resorted to punching a hole in the bottom of the tank to collect the gas. Itā€™s died down with $2/gal gas but I expect it will come up again if gas hits historically high levels againā€¦

1 Like

@mustangman, why should our elected representatives take a big payola cut?

Not sure they would take a cutā€¦ are you assuming they would STOP stealing if they received the $9K?

I donā€™t! :grinning: