Heads up . . . no more "anonymity"

Lakeland, Lakeport, Interlaken. Land O’ Lakes. I live in a northern suburb of Buffalo NY, which should be known as Land O’ Salt. It gets in our headlights,tail lights and parking lights even with perfectly good gaskets. I have seen 4 year old cars that have to have the wheels sledgehammered off. Aluminum wheels are no solution, they all leak after 4 years where the salt corrodes them at the rim bead. I have no problem with being identified if I flag someone.

I won’t change. If I click “flag” I will send a private email to explain it as I’ve done before. The receiver can disclose it if he chooses. I live a little west of Baltimore.

Let the flame wars begin. I did not like not being able to see who flagged a post etc., but now I think I’ll flag my self, then flag the rest of my posts because I flagged myself, you get the idea. Whatever if it happens it happens, though maybe an unflag icon to show support against the flag might be fun.

Everyone flag Barkydog’s post above so we can see what a flag attack looks like…or flag this one…How many little balloons can they open up?

@ db4690;
Too close; I live in Santa Clarita (for LA people that is close to Bakersfield, but you all know where it is…). I also work in Pan City.

@galant

Congratulations! That is a nice area

@Caddyman

Would that be known as a flag mob?

LOL

I always wanted to find out who flagged me as a troll. Now I know…and I just returned the favor. It means nothing but it makes me feel better. I now reside in Williamsburg, KY. Formerly of too many other city and states to mention all but my favorites are Seattle and Fairbanks, AK.

Some flag to be petulant and disagreeable,but I have found out in the " good old boy" clique-you better keep your opinions to yourself,pressure can come in subtle ways,the bureaucracy around here can really go against one.The local" rag" wont even let you publish an opinion anonmylously around here I’m told( might offend some carpetbaggers with a bit of money)-Kevin

“We could literally be each other’s neighbors, without even knowing it!”

On a related note, when a regular contributor stops posting, there is no way to understand why. I’m curious that we haven’t seen posts from the_same_mountainbike since August, and I know he lives not too far from me.

Downtown Wash. DC.
I know a couple of you are in northern VA and College Park MD.
p.s. I’ll be in a free concert at the Clarice Smith Center Oct 30, Maryland Community Band, tenor sax.

I realize there are those icons next to everyone’s name but never realized they were taken seriously.

South western CT, a little under an hour from NYC.

Somewhere near Rochester, NY.

I’m 30 minutes west of Lakeville MN. Seems like a strong Minneapolis sector around here. I had no idea?

@RemcoW; is that Danbury or nearby? I used to live in CT, but in the I-95 corridor. Still have a lot of friends there and given extra time and $$, I do visit them.

I’ve never tried to hide ( can’t even think up a worthwhile screen name ) and I’ve even invited youall to drop in any time.
Any readers with a good memory will remember where to drop in to my Ford dealer as you '‘motor west, on the highway that’s the best.’‘
Right here on ol’ route 66 where we’ve been for 80 years ( me, thirty of those ) between I-40 exits 20 & 22 .
first weekend in December is the Red Rock Baloon Rally…come on down .

Yeah, I hope same mountainbike is doing okay

I am so accustomed to disagreeing with everyone on politics, it doesn’t bother me at all if someone disagrees with me on something here. That is what a forum is for, to present different opinions. I click on disagree for one reason, because I disagree. Not because i dislike someone or anything.

I live in the heart of Mexico, over 800 driving miles from Reynosa. Before anyone comes looking for me, first Google for Mad Dog, heh, heh.

I flagged caddyman’s post as requested by him on page 3…Name is Howie and located in Eustis Florida about 45 minutes northwest from downtown Orlando and 65 years old and retired now…Only car I have right now is my 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 bought it brand new for 12k sold my 59 Thunderbird and 74 Nova…so easy to work on…only 113k on the clock and runs like a top. Always worked on my cars, very rarely had to take it to a mechanic, except when I needed a new clutch a while back due to a bad throw out bearing so had everything replaced .getting too old for that heavy work ( grin ) I do not race or abuse this car and never had except when a 17 year old wanted to race his fathers 2 ton + sedan… ( GRIN )

Had a kid with a Pontiac GTO back in 1989 who lived a few homes down …took him right off the line when I first got it. Never came back in front of my home again racing his engine…showing off…Now too old for this…Car is going on 25 years old and still has the original ignition module on the distributor which always failed on Fords of this era. ( I do carry a spare ) All you need is a black marker to mark the distributor setting, and the tool to remove the 2 screws. 15 minutes at most.

1989 Mustang GT