Headrest- Is it safe to hang items from your headrests?

Satire…?

Listen to your dad !!!

Ok this has to be a joke, its called an accident because its just that. Nobody goes out gets in their car and says I think I’ll get into a collision today! If you’re hanging weights on your headrest you are asking for it to become a missile when you just brake real hard let alone in a collision. Do some research on injuries involving unsecured objects hanging on rearview mirrors and on headrests. Inertia in a moderately driven vehicle with loose items is an invitation to the morgue that wouldn’t have happened if the operator exercised some common sense!

It was meant in jest, I thought it would be obvious and I apologize to any who were upset. I’m actually a bit obsessive about this - the prospect of loose items, not to mention unbelted passengers, flying freely in an accident gives me pause - items needn’t be heavy, consider what even a pencil or coat hanger might do. When carrying anything much more dangerous than a pillow, such as a skis, a shovel, jug of water, etc. , even in the “way back” of a wagon, I lash them down securely. My wife thinks this is excessive but has learned to put up with it.

I guess I do not see the danger in a few paper cups and napkins and hamburger bags and wrappers hanging off a headrest.

1 Like