2014.5 Toyota Camry LE
6 speed automatic transmission
approx 25,000 miles
Was stopped at a red light with foot on the brake when hit square head-on by a GMC full sized pickup driving on the wrong side of the road. Police and firemen estimated the truck was traveling about 30 mph at impact. My airbags did NOT deploy.
Front bumper damaged and partially separated.
Drivers window now rattling and slight trouble going down and up.
No apparent loss of coolant either at scene, where it was parked several hours while I was in the ER, or in several hours parked in my home garage.
Was drivable home. Handled/tracked okay but seemed “different” whether real or due to my being upset. All headlights and turn signal lights still functional. Will look in daylight for any small cracks in the headlights plastic shells.
When having the car assessed for damage and estimates from multiple shops I plan to request thorough exam of:
- All suspension/steering components such as struts, bushings, ball joints, tie rods, steering rack
- Entire body frame from front to back
- Proper alignment. NOTE: four wheel alignment was done with tire rotation a couple months ago
- Any misalignment of body panels or doors or windows
- Check for small cracks in the radiator and/or overflow tank
- Check all electrical wiring and hoses for anything jarred loose
- Check for bent wheel rims
What else/more/different should I be sure is examined in getting estimates???
…rattled, damned sore in body, pissed off, but mostly profoundly thankful to be alive