Has the Futre Arrived Part II

@MikeInNH

The article says the 3d car can only go up to 25mph.

“The two-seater is made of plastic components and can go up to 25 miles per hour.”

top end of 70mph . . . not something I’d feel comfortable with, at least not on any freeway around here :smirk:

The article in Popular Mechanics quoted 25 mph for the 3D printed car on their cover.

I’ve read several articles…yes the prototype can only go up to 25mph…but their future models are said to go up to 70. They aren’t allowed to go on the street yet.

Actually some cities are golf cart friendly , cant go on the main road however . EZ GO has an electric hybrid model with a range of around 160 miles ,what I like about the golf carts is that with a little modification you can do some fair off roading with them ,so much more comfortable then the regular 4 wheelers .
Lets hear it for the Manx "Purple Potato Chip " pretty good performance with a turbo charged Monza engine .

There’s a retirement city in Florida on the Gulf coast where the old folks with money go that’s designed for golf carts. Wish I had money.

My son is retired and living in Florida after a lifetime in Western NY. I tell him I,m not old enough yet:)

I hear you, OT11 In 1997, we were 55 and moved into a retirement mobile home park in McAllen. I observed and said, I am not old enough for this park.

18 years later, I am still not old enough.

Those who live there climb on tricycle and ride around the park, harassing anyone who does not toe the line in any manner. I got in my car and drove so far 350,000 miles around the US and Mexico (though I am not losing interest in driving far.)

I don’t think I will ever be old enough for that park, but that is just a guess. I am only 73, and have never been 80 before

I hear a few book onto cruise liners, all the medical help you ned, service food and cheaper than an assisted care facility, not ready t check out the details yet,