Harmonic balancer 1993 buick century

I’M HAVING A HARD TIME TAKING OUT THIS BALANCER. I USED THE HARMONIC BALANCER PULLER, THE ONE THAT USES THE THREE BOLTS

SCREWS WITH THE BIG BOLT, AND THE SCREWS DON’T CATCH ON. HOW DOES IT WORK?

The bolts thread into the tapped holes in the balancer. Are you using the correct size bolts? Did you remove the crankshaft balancer bolt first?

I USED THE CORRECT SIZE BOLTS, BUT AS I WAS SCREWING THE BIG BOLT IN, THE OTHER BOLTS WERE COMING OFF AND DID NOT HOLD.

Did you buy a balancer remover kit? If so, they contain different size bolts to accomodate all the different balancers that different cars use. My guess is you’re using the wrong size bolts, or your kit didn’t come with the right size bolts (which would be strange, because the balancer on your Buick is pretty common). You may need to go to the hardware store and buy some similar sized bolts with different widths and thread pitch to find the one that your balancer takes.

Oh, and once you get that balancer off and you’re ready to put it back on again, you got the special tool to reinstall it properly, right (i.e., not a hammer)?

“…THE OTHER BOLTS WERE COMING OFF AND DID NOT HOLD.”
I can’t help the feeling that you might be doing something wrong here. Where are you placing these bolts? Is your puller upside down?

Make sure the bolt AND THE WASHER in the center of the crankshaft, holding the balancer on, are removed.