Hard to start for 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix

To start my car I now have to tap the gas pedal when I turn the igniton. If I only turn the key the car sounds fine, but the engine shuts off. I’ve had the battery tested and it is fine. What is wrong with my car? Any suggestions

[b]The next time you go to start the engine, try this.

Hold the gas pedal all the way to the floor. Try starting the engine. If the engine starts, quickly remove your foot from the gas pedal, and see if it idles.

If it does, then there’s flooding condition of the engine as it sits.

Tester[/b]

I have the same problem. Sometimes it starts right up and sometimes not. When it finally starts it idles really rough then smooths out. How do you go about fixing the flooding problem. I also heard of it possibly beign dirty injectors.

Mine does the same thing. when it finally starts after about 3-4 tries it idles really rough and finally smooths out. how do you go about fixing the flooding problem. I also read that it could be dirty injectors.

[b]There’s only two ways fuel can enter a fuel injected engine as it sits, causing a flooded condition.

Either one or more of the injectors are leaking, or the fuel pressure regulator is leaking.

Tester[/b]