Green cars in Europe

At the moment you can’t get a diesel s-class in the U.S., just the e-class and the SUVs/wagons. I assume a s-class diesel will be in the $80-100K range if/when it shows up (depending how much less the dollar is worth by then). I’ve never bothered to decode the lexus numbers, is a GS a s-class clone and the ES a e-class clone?

Yup, it’s just a matter of cost and a potential trade-off between fuel efficiency and emissions. The risk is that the cost will prevent low-end diesels from being competitive with gasoline engines in the U.S. It’s probably not practical to sell a $12 diesel econo-box and meet the current emissions limits.

Clean diesel fuel is currently in tight supply until the refineries gear up for higher production. As Craig says, diesel is no more expensive to produce than gasoline, and the final equilibrium price should be somewhere between regular and premium. Back in the days of gas guzzlers diesel was cheaper because it was actually in surplus supply, since the demand for gasoline was so high.

Not according to the Scion brochure…

The moonroof is in the rear.

Made me look! I checked the size of the GS460 (new version) and it’s similar to the E-class. So is the Lexus E-350. The GS460 is a bit sportier and more luxurious than the E350. Of course, that’s sporty by Lexus definition. The LS460 is almost as large as the S-class. Now, that’s a land yacht! Your basic(!?) S550 has a 125" wheelbase, is 205" long, and weighs in at 5655# GVW.

ARE you guys for real?

it’s a hole cut in the roof,(either way sun in your eyes,or the moon in your eyes) BOTTOM line its a HOLE.GLASS filled of course.I call it a vertical window does that help? NOPE! for all that matters we’ll call it a skylight(oooppps someone already does that).

Yup, the s-class is one big sedan, bigger than anything I would want/need. The S600/S63/S64 weight 500 pounds more than the S550.