Good deal for a 2018 Avalon?

If you are buying it from a rental car company, they will have the service and repair records. I don’t know if you can get them if you buy it elsewhere. Neither my father in law’s car or mine had any problems attributable to being a rental car and his stayed in the family 12 years and mine got sold because of rust problems at15 years old.

His did develop a cracked ring gear and flexplate because he frequently left it running when he made a short stop in the winter and wasn’t able to hear the engine running so would try to restart a running engine.

Be careful. Many large rental companies have their own repair facilities and have no reason to report damage to Carfax. I would have any one year old car inspected by a body shop.

You must have a weird seat…I’ve driven Camry’s and Avalon’s as rentals. Since my company won’t pay for an SUV, the Avalon and Camry are my go-to rental vehicles. I’ve driven them for hours at a time. Extremely comfortable for short or long trips. If either of those vehicles aren’t available then I try to rent a Honda Accord.

I have an '03 Camry. Hate the seats. It doesn’t show up for me until a longer ride like > hour. Of course, my test drive wasn’t that long. I learned to live with it but I concur, the seats are uncomfortable for me as well. People come in all shapes and sizes. What is comfortable for one body shape size, may not be for the next. I’m betting it’s not a weird seat. They have pretty good quality control seat to seat.

1 Like

Toyota ergonomics can be strange. Some of their seats are almost shaped as though they think you’re an action figure that only bends at the hips and knees. And they often don’t let the seat go far enough back, or the steering wheel adjuster (when equipped) go far enough out.

I’ve noticed this more on Toyota vehicles than any other brand. There are some (lookin’ at you, Rav4) that I just can’t get comfortable in a safe driving position in.

Naaah, Toyota has a weird seat. The Avalon and Camry seats angle in going up the back, and that pushes on my shoulders in a way I find uncomfortable. I have a 2017 Accord EX-L, and the driver’s seat is very comfortable.

The past five or six years’ Camrys are good cars but with terribly
un-comfortable driver’s seats. Which is why I tried out some used Camrys from those years but didn’t buy one. Contributing to the poor design is the overly-wide console, forcing a narrower seat and pushing your thighs/legs inward.