Going Green

If either the 57 Chevy Bel-Air or Corvette you have is in running condition, I’d be willing to take them off your hands. You can use the money I give you to buy a “green” car. I’ve had a paint scheme in mind for a Bel-Air should I ever acquire one, but it doesn’t involve green, just blue and grey. My Civic, however, is a dark green, clover green pearl I believe it’s called. :stuck_out_tongue:

HAHA funny! You know what I mean!

Well first off I don’t agree!
Second, with fuel injection, a new trans, rear diff gears, some lowering, suspention mods, all for about $7500 or less with a convertion to run straight alcohol fuel you could get close to 40mpg maybe even more with the right gearing and some new carbon fiber parts for weight in the old Dart. + you get the sexy style of the Dart with the power and the Corolla will not even be a memory in 50 years but the Dart might still be running and sexy as ever.

I concede your point. Perhaps we need to redefine the “big three”.

Poor Chrysler. The orphan child of the industry. Someday, when the book is written about the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Chrysler it should be an interesting read. Lee Iacoca had turned bankrupt Chrysler around with the aquisition of FED financial backing that nobody would have dreamed possible, frank and forthright bargaining with the unions, creating a solid “bread and butter” design with the K-cars, and then really letting the designers design…then actually bringing the concepts to market. What really went wrong after he stepped down?

Thats what I mean. With fuel injection, a new trans, rear diff gears, some lowering, suspention mods, all for about $7500 or less with a convertion to run straight alcohol fuel you could get close to 40mpg maybe even more with the right gearing and some new carbon fiber parts for weight in the old cars.