Garage door opener, 2003 town car

CAUSE AND/OR HOW TO REPAIR GARAGE DOOR OPENER IN 2003 TOWN CAR THAT NO LONGER WORKS. ALL OTHER ITEMS IN THAT HOUSING WORKS AS EVER.

Have you tried reprogramming the unit and the door receiver to see if that helps?

Don’t even bother. You can buy a single Chamberlain remote at sears or k-mart or home depot for about 26 dollars. The instructions are easy to follow and you can code another one the same and have your opener learn both identical codes. Follow the same procedure, adjust the switches in the remote the same way, follow the learning instructions one right after the other and they will both work (if you need two).

thanks for the input. I finally got to this point, by accident I fear. anyway cannot reprogram it because when try to do that or send signal to door opener nothing happens. this is same window tht shows direction of travel and oil life & which still work. when press button to open door the direction info does not change to transmit as used to.

THANKS FOR THE INPUT. I HAVE OTHER REMOTES IT JUST BUGS ME THAT THE ONE WHAT CAME IN CAR NO LONGER WORKS.

I had the same problem on my 2001 Expedition Eddie Bauer. I fixed it by reprogramming it. Go here for instructions:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/results.asp

Put in your year, make and model and download the owners manual for your car.

The info on how to reprogram your opener starts on page page 89