Funny motor-wobbling feel when stopped…

Yup, Elly, mechanically it’s a nasty place in there. And the engineeers has really done a great job coming up with ways to counteract the shakes created by all those part flying up & down.

I just came up with the “can of soup” analogy off the top of my head. I’m right proud of that one! I think I’ll keep it hanndy for future use.

the same mountainbike10:23AMReport
"Yup, Elly, mechanically it’s a nasty place in there. And the engineeers has really done a great job coming up with ways to counteract the shakes created by all those part flying up & down."

This is true, so if the engine is wobbling, it is more than motor mounts.

Vibration/movement absorbing motor mounts are one of the things that engineers have come up with to prevent propogation of the vibrations from moving to the chassis, by absorbing the energy and converting it to heat energy.

The other thing to remember is that engines will have three of four mounts, not always arranged symmetrically, and one bad mount may mean that the engine is rocking on the remainder of its support system.

Vibration is normal, wobbling is not!! Unless you are talking about a 1 cylinder engine!!

Well, I guess the OP found the answer to the problem, we haven’t heard lately!!