Funny little story

Yeah, like I was serious about some stranger actually getting off his bike to punch out somebody waving hi. Just trying to point out how you would be viewed by the biking crowd if you were lame enough to wave at them going by.

It appears that emoticons are no longer sufficient, we have to explain everything in excruating detail so as not to be misconstrued around here…

Usually people with teardrop trailers are pretty docile and proud of the trailers. Maybe he was headed up to North Dakota though to work in the oil fields and wasn’t in a very good mood. Waving is one thing, but flashing lights anymore is probably overkill. How do you flash lights anymore anyway, my lights go on and off automatically?

Sorry. I missed the emoticon.

One morning I was on my way to work. At a red light I stopped behind a Subaru.
I have noticed that one of the tires was almost totally deflated.
I knew it was a long light so I got out of my car and walked to the car in front of me. When I informed the woman who was driving a car she told me to go and f… myself. That was the last time ever I helped out anybody on the road.

Very dangerous to go walking up on a car at a stop light.

Some guy almost ran a friend of mine who was on his Harley into oncoming traffic one night and flipped the friend a finger while doing so. Bad move; the friend is the president of a local outlaw motorcycle club chapter.

At the next light the friend told the car driver in crude terms that he needs to learn to drive. The car driver lipped off, the friend leaned the bike on the sidestand, got off, and proceeded to work that guy over right through the window of his car during a red light. Hopefully the car driver learned a life lesson…

And yes, the friend got arrested but charges were dropped.

Wow, that is a pretty crazy story…

When my son was small…oh, about 1990 or so, he was sitting on the front fence spraying his water gun at cars as they stopped for the intersection there.
Having gotten used to spraying every one ( CAR ) who came by , he sprayed the next one…a Harley biker !
With no helmet on , it got him in the face and he came to an abrupt stop and hopped off yelling at me about it.

What could happen next ? …Irate biker dude ? 8 year old kid ? passive white guy dad ? ( I know a thing or two about mis-assumed stereotypes…I’m one of them ‘‘long haired gueetar players’’ )

I walked out to the street to meet him eye to eye ( I don’t know this guy but know many bikers since I’ve been in bar bands for for many years ). After his initial rant I assured him the I knew the danger of causing a rider to flinch and possibly wreck the bike.
But now, looking to defuse the mood , I told him to wait just a sec.
I went and got my son and brought the fearful pie-eyed kid over to the biker and… introduced him !
I asked him if he knew what could happen next time and was un-sure.
The biker is now more calm because we came and spoke WITH him.
He explained to K.C. how the gut reaction to flinch can cause a rider to twist the handlebars wrong and wreck and to not be spraying any more riders, either bicycle OR motorcycle.

Moral ;
Despite the ‘‘biker dude’’ stereotype, It was nice to see the rough exterior persona peel away with a little normal human interaction…AND to have my son’s early development of stereotypes adjusted in a positive manner.

now , at 32, my son is now goth with piecings himself and is truly the anti-stereotype of that crowd as well.

Most outlaw bikers do not start trouble with ordinary citizens in spite of the old TV shows and movies that show them on a rampage against everyone and everything.

I’m friends with, hung around with, and even been out partying with outlaw bikers and the few times there was trouble developing the bikers were not the ones who started it.

well…

none of that was your son s fault if you were allowing him to squirt people

Not all stories end badly, I noticed a drywall screw in the middle of some big knobby tires on an old lifted truck truck with antique plates, mentioned I noticed the screw, yeah, I knew about that but thanks was the response.