Full Synthetic 0W-20 engine oil change interval

And I feel empowered by Flagging your comment, boasting about how great it makes you feel to be called a bully. You’ve posted enough negative and condescending comments; it’s time to be an adult, but some are apparently incapable of reaching that.

Frankly, I don’t know you well enough to know whether or not I can’t stand you, but this persecution complex isn’t improving your credibility. If you were capable of making a convincing argument, you might sway me or some of the others. The problem is that you damage your credibility every time you say you’re done with one of us and then prove that to be untrue.

Oh, so now you’re flagging us . . . ?

Kind of makes you a hypocrite, considering WE haven’t flagged you

You and I have disagreed, and not even I have flagged you

You have been called out point blank

Several times

You can just put your proof in that guy’s hand

You know what’s funny? He is more interested in flagging my civil comments about citing his sources than he is in flagging my comment where I called him a troll. The ironic thing is that I feel a bit of regret for calling him a troll, but I have absolute confidence in the civil and frank comments I’ve made since then.

Fortunately, one angry little person’s flag means nothing to anyone.

No, kind of makes YOU a hypocrite. I have been flagged multiple times, and how would YOU know “WE haven’t flagged you”??? You know how to twist the facts and make false statements constantly.

You have literally stalked me, finding every post I have posted, insulted, degraded, laughed at, mocked me - there are actually too many things to list. So, it YOU who have been called out point blank. So, TALK TO THE HAND yourself.

When a post is flagged by enough users, it shows as flagged. Otherwise, you’ll never know it was flagged. I just checked this entire conversation, and I don’t see any of your posts that show as flagged.

In other words, you were just caught in a sloppy lie.

1 Like

If I read this correctly he could have been flagged, but not enough too show as flagged so I believe your conclusion could be an error.

I think this is correct. I forget if it’s 3 or 5 “flags” on a post before it shows as flagged. And I think initially you get a system generated message to fix it (it’s been awhile lol), but the initial message doesn’t show you who flagged you.

OK folks. Onward to 400. Got my new keyboard so no more sticking keys. The only other thing I will say is that when someone threatens to report me, that to me is being a bully. In disagreement though with the experts, I’ll still say I intend to change oil at 50% OLM. Rational or not, it makes me feel better.

I haven’t flagged you

Every argument you make . . . I’m countering it by saying I was disagreeing with you

If you want to view that as stalking, insult, degradation, laughter, mockery, etc., have at it

I still think you’re sore because we’ve doubted you, and when you said you had sources and we asked you to provide them, and/yet you didn’t, some us said we were no longer giving you the benefit of the doubt

What you essentially did is enter the room and say “I’m smarter than you, and the guys I talk to are smarter than you, but I’m not providing any proof, and I’m not naming any of the guys I talk to” . . . how could you expect that to go over very well? :confused:

So, once again . . .

Any time a post is flagged, Victoria and I get a notification. Whichever of us is in here takes a look at them. We have the option to either agree, disagree, or ignore. I’ve responded to several flags in this thread from various parties. I confess I don’t know if a user gets an auto notification once the post is flagged with the option to change it.

I don’t like to shut down conversations because it’s heavy-handed. These oil threads go on for days anyhow. I ask that you all please stick to the facts from here on out. The comments didn’t seem too far beyond the baseline manner of discourse here,
even though I probably would not have made certain choices of words myself. If you want to debate the merits of change schedules, syn vs dino, bobistheoilguy, amsoil, or whatever, go ahead…but please, no more talk-to-the-hand graphics, adjacent music videos, or allegations of tinfoil-hat wearing…or that people here have serious mental problems or are constantly attacking. They’re not. Only intermittently. And if you don’t want the conversation to continue, you don’t have to contribute.

1 Like

OK, sorry for being devils advocate, but I just flagged @cdaquila post as a test, wow hope I don’t get suspended. ps 10 charcter min.

OK I agreed with you. Did you get a message?

Yes, I am not sure about this flagging thing,l am like if I could get 4 more people to flag your post @cdaquila would it be hidden, I would say let’s try, and test the design of the website, Not apologizing for testing the website, it is what I have do do in my line of work sometimes. A moderator should be above having posts hidden due to flags.

I know there is a threshold after which the post is automatically hidden. It doesn’t happen too much, because aside from a few regulars, most do not use the reporting system.

Just curios if a fine moderator like you is susceptible to flags, very off topic, apologies.

1 Like

Good article on the “synthetic oil wars” over the years:

http://www.syntheticwarehouse.com/Press%20Releases/Lubes_N_Greases/motor%20oils%20day%20in%20court.pdf

I tested it for you too @Barkydog. @cdaquila I used other so it shouldn’t put a hard tick on your otherwise spotless record :smiley:

1 Like

Let’s get this thread closed and then settle the issue of whether the chicken or the egg came first.

Chicken or egg, good eats, I doubt thread closing, live on.