Full Synthetic 0W-20 engine oil change interval

339 and rolling along. The only time I have flagged is when we had that troll late at night with pages of foreign junk, and if someone is really off base language wise. The thing is flags go on your permanent record until there is a crash or change-over again and we all start over. Not that it makes any difference but I consider flags kinda like calling the police on your neighbor. Only under dire circumstances. Too bad though, I do enjoy the occasional dancing legs vids.

When we were kids we could have some real knock down drag out disagreements but the next day we were all ok again (unless our parents got involved).

It’s not just an allegation,I like my tin foil hat, although it’s more a helmet than a hat.;).

4 Likes

I don’t wear a tin foil hat. I just crumple two pieces of aluminum foil and stuff them in my undershorts.
It defeats the Galactic Gravity Shelf’s sensor rays. In case they send their laser death squad for me, I put fresh coffee grounds in each corner of my home. The aroma deranges their senses.

3 Likes

So can I replace my garlic with coffee grounds?

1 Like

Are you warding off vampires or the Galactic Gravity Shelf? Maybe you should do both.

1 Like

I thought my reply was obvious enough that I did not have to add (sarcasm). I tend to forget that some people have no sense of humor.

If your intent is to attack Carolyn, saying she doesn’t have a sense of humor, that’s uncalled for. Sarcasm often doesn’t come across in text, and that is not a sign of a lacking sense of humor.

1 Like

My reply to Carolyn had absolutely nothing to do with her reading comprehension or sense of humor.

2 Likes

Well I noticed no one around but been too busy setting tile.

Just an update to an old thread that generated quite a discussion here.

Last month we bought a brand new GM product with 8 miles on it. Last night I was driving, noticed the car had 880 miles on it. I scrolled through the readout and found the oil life is now at 77%. Meaning that at this rate the car will be ready for an oil change service at around 4000 miles. The car uses 5W30 meeting dexos specification.

I imagine a great many people have the same driving habits as my wife. Start the car and drive 8 miles to work. The drive home might involve an errand or two or picking up a kid from ballet. Maybe a 100 mile round trip on a weekend visit somewhere. Anyway, a mix of city and highway driving. It will be interesting to see how the oil life changes as we make a 2000 mile round trip the week after Christmas.

Thanks!
And interesting that GM doesn’t have something like a first oil&filter change at 2000 miles before settling into the recommended miles/time.

Which car companies do this?

If anything the first oil change should be based on the oil life monitor and no sooner. I don’t know if GM does this but Honda uses a different oil at assembly than at subsequent changes. There are additives that aid in the break-in of the engine. Whether they are effective or not I don’t know. But I do know people have come in for an oil change with only 2500 miles on the car and have been turned away and told to come back when the OLM reads 15%.

I consulted with the Acura dealer on the first oil change. I wanted to change at 5000 miles which was about 50 on the meter. They had no problem with that for the first oil change. Done the same with three Acuras now. Back in 74 though, I did change the Olds oil at 2000 and that seemed to be recommended back then for the first oil change if I remember correctly.

Subaru recommends the first oil change at 3000 miles.

Not according to this:

They did in 2014.

1 Like