Full size spare 2020 Grand Cherokee questions

Hello all,

I am trying to get a full size spare for my parents grand cherokee. Right now they have 265/60R18’s on it and a donut for a spare.

Would there be an issue with buying a P245/65R18 ( I see several of these listed on ebay as full size spares for grand cherokees)?

Will the mismatch on the width and sidewall height be a major issue for a spare to get back home if you’re a couple of hundred miles out?

Thank you,
Monte

That would be perfect for a spare, it’s the same diameter.
Capture

2 Likes

Diameter is the key dimension for a spare for an all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive vehicle. Th 245/65/18 is spot on.

1 Like

Manufactures usually provide a compact spare tire because there is not enough storage room for a tire that is 10 1/2 inches wide.

Yeah, the full size spare may not fit either into or under the area where the donut spare currently lives.

I’m all for a full sized spare myself…but make sure you have a plan to secure the larger spare if it doesn’t fit in the regular spot.

There is a huge styrofoam insert in the spare tire well to hold the mini, when you pull it out, there is a full size tire impression formed into the body pan or whatever you call it.

Thank you all for your input.

1 Like