Fuel Vacuum Problem

I Have an Engine Check Light on my 2007 Hyundai SantFe GSL. The local Autozone said it was a Fuel Vacuum Problem. The car does not want to start after putting fuel in the car. It turns over, but acts like it is not getting fuel. It spitters and sputs, but eventually starts and runs. Any ideas where I should start looking for the actual problem. Gas Cap visually looks OK as far as I can tell, but Im not a mechanic.

What Autozone actually pulled out was a very specific diagnostic trouble code (DTC). What was it? It would look like “P1234”

If you don’t know have it read again and write it down. All sorts of crazy things come out of the mouths of those parts store guys.

OK… had it read again, but this time I have more codes than before. One of the codes I got this time and before is P0441. The new codes I got today, which Autozone told me were Dealer Codes are: P0021, P0022, P0028, P2187 and P2189.

Not simple DIY problems…

P0021 A Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance Bank 2
P0022 A Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Retarded Bank 2
P0028 Intake Valve Control Solenoid Circuit Range/Performance Bank 2

P2187 System Too Lean at Idle Bank 1
P2189 System Too Lean at Idle Bank 2

P0441 Evaporative Emission System Incorrect Purge Flow

Check to see if the oil level is low. If it is then the camshaft and solenoid codes may clear up.

The lean codes may be due to a problem with the MAF sensor or a air leak in the intake system after it.

Doing some research on the P0441 code showed that replacing the purge valve cleared the trouble for that person at least.