Fuel pump

DROVE TO WORK THIS MORNING AND AS I PULLED IN THE DRIVE MY 2000 CAMARO STOPPED RUNNING

SO I QUICKLY PUT IT IN NUTRAL AND TRYED TO START IT . IT WOULD NOT START , I CHANGED THE FUEL FILTER AND IT WOULD START BUT THEN WOULD KONK OUT WHATS WRONG ?

There can only be one cause for this. Unfortunately, I can’t think of it right now.

I THINK I’LL CHECK THE RELAYS AND SEE IF THAT HELPS.

Ha ha ha ha

Good one, hello.

DO YOU THINK ITS SOMETHING ELSE???

If it does not crank, it could be the alternator failed, did not turn the idiot light on, and now the battery is dead. Check and see if the battery is dead.

THE BATTERY IS KNOW DEAD , BUT IT CRANKED THE ENGINE OVER SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE IT RAN OUT OF JUICE , WE ARE TALKING ABOUT 30 TIMES…

OK, replace the relays, I don’t think there is a way of really checking them, besides it is easier although not cheaper.

I would suggest starting with general maintenance. Any maintenance items that are due can be done now. It certainly don’t expect that to fix it, but it at least will help rule out a few things and since they are due, they in like free.

Rather than just replacing parts, it might be better to figure out what the cause of the problem really is.

It takes three things to start the car.  Spark (check it) fuel (check it by spraying some staring fluid while you try to start the car (read the instructions on the can).  etc. 

Before you check back, I suggest you fix your computer, the [b] CAPS LOCK IS STUCK [/b]  Most people find standard text far easier to read.

Thank You for this info I am realy non mechanical.

You may have been on the right track when you changed the fuel filter. It probably ran for over 100,000 miles on the original fuel filter; then, it decided to retire without notice. Shame!
After you changed the fuel filter, did you bleed the air out of the fuel lines? If not, you need to do that. Some engines have a bleed screw on the fuel rail. Post back with more details for more details.
Added: You need to use a fuel pressure test gauge, anyway. You can use the gauge to bleed air from the fuel lines. http://www.autozone.com/N,14900540/shopping/partTypeResultSet.htm
You don’t need to crank the engine while you bleed air from the fuel lines. Just turn the ignition key ON for a couple of seconds, then OFF, wait 10 seconds (the instructions say so), turn to ON, OFF, repeat until no more air comes out with the fuel.

I did not bleed the line , would that cause the car to start than cut off ?

that may save me some $$$$$$$

I really don’t think gasoline engines need to have their lines bled. Diesels are a different story, but I think the air will bleed out of them when the injectors open. At least I never bled lines, but it’s easy to do just crack a line going into a rail or push on the center of the rail shrader valve, or crack a line going to the TBI if what’s it’s got. Never been an issue for me. Certainly if it was running fine, then quit, that wouldn’t be air in the lines.

It was running fine then just died , would not start . after i changed the fuel filter it would start then cut off . when i spray carb clean in the air intake it run and i can rev do you think its the fuel pump ? , its electrical

Is the fuel pump pumping? You don’t know. Find out. Disconnect the fuel line at the engine. Turn the ignition key to ON, to Off, to ON, several times (stay at at ON or OFF several seconds). After a few times of ON & OFF, fuel should pump from the disconnected fuel line, if the fuel pump is running.
Of course, you’ll be sure to have a catch container for the fuel, won’t you?

Thank You very much…

I did a pump on a Chrysler mini-van (around 2000 model) after putting everything back together I was cranking a long time and no start,the boss bled it for about 5 sec. then fired right up. Never had to bleed anything over a filter replacement.

Hey OP your car has a notoriously bad fuel pump,they always go bad.