Fuel Injection service

The oil change place I go to has suggested I do their fuel injection service for $140 on my wife’s Volvo S80, with 80,000 miles.

It is a 3 part service, two liquids are put directly into the intake manifold with the engine running, the third liquid goes in the fuel tank. I believe they are all made by BG. Supposedly it cleans the valves as well as the fuel injectors.

Any thoughts/opinions on this service?

Thanks

Generally a waste of money, just run some Techron through it. Is it exhibiting any problems? Hesitation? Loss in mileage?

save your money. Run a can of Sea-Foam directly into the intake (brake booster line?). Does as good or better than BG. $134 cheaper, too.

find a reputable, local (as opposed to a national chain) mechanic, with references and personal knowledge to give you advice.

i would be willing to bet that the schmuck giving you this advice is just reading from a corporate sales card, trying to drum up business. get out of jiffy lube… NOW

Oops, I missed the ‘oil change place’ mention - ABSOLUTELY A RIP-OFF! I got the same sales pitch BS at the one I go to, they even left off the brake reservoir cap after trying to sell me on a brake fluid flush.

[b] The oil change place  [/b] 

That says it all. Keep away from the quick change places. We hear far too many horror stories about them. Some may be fine, but many pay the help little, demand fast changes and that results in a high percentage of errors. Too many live by selling you something you don’t need at inflated prices.

Find a good local mechanic and stick with them for your needs.

Don't go to the quick lube places, even for directions.

OK thanks to all for the responses.
I also called the Volvo dealer yesterday. He said they do not include this in their maintenance, that all the major gas companies include detergents in their products.

Good and proper advice.