Front end vibaration while braking

@“common sense answer”

I’m afraid you read a little too much into my response/comment :frowning:

I’m gave you the gold star, because you asked for it :smiley:

Personally, I still think the rotors are the ultimate cause of the vibration

But I do agree with your methods, regarding cleaning and lubing

Not doing that is asking for trouble . . . I’ve seen more than a few brake problems caused by poor work habits, such as not cleaning and lubing

Bottom line . . . I agree with your methods, but not really with your idea of what the root cause of OP’s concern is

But it’s just my opinion

It’s not like any of us are actually receiving a grade . . . I would have been wrong several times :frowning:

I am not a mechanic now, but when I do a front brake job, I also check the calipers/pins and lube them. And as stated, it is unlikely that I don’t change the rotors, only when I am 100% sure they are fine. It is not worth it.

“Personally, I still think the rotors are the ultimate cause of the vibration
But I do agree with your methods, regarding cleaning and lubing
Not doing that is asking for trouble . . . I’ve seen more than a few brake problems caused by poor work habits, such as not cleaning and lubing”

@db4690, Then it seems we both agree that the remedy is to replace the rotors and do the thorough cleaning and lubing before reassembling everything. :wink:
CSA

So, ultimately the rotors are the cause of the vibration and the sticky calipers (and excessively worn pads?) most likely caused the uneven wear on the rotors.

Already got a line on a pair of rotors from RockAuto. I never knew about lubing the pins, nor that such a small variance in thickness could have such a huge impact.

Thanks again for the responses.

@Raindem

You’re welcome

Please let us know when you’ve got the problem licked!

By the way, I’ve ordered from Rockauto myself several times :smiley:

Just a quick follow up…

Replaced the rotors and we have smooth braking. No more vibration.

Thanks for the update. It would help future posters and also add to the credibility of this forum.