Front brake job on my 2012 Camry

Yes, my Toyota uses those stanless liners on the fixtures too, but there is the rust belt and there is the Buffalo are

Buffalo is the third snowiest city in the country. The top two are also in NY. #2 is Rochester and #1 is Syracuse. Buffalo gets it’s lake effect snow from Erie - which freezes over during the winter. Syracuse gets their lake effect snow from Ontario which doesn’t freeze…so they get lake effect snow all winter long. But the REAL rust belt is north of Syracuse…Town I grew up is averages twice the amount of snow Buffalo does.

I always use wagner thermoquiet pads. Most of them have built in isolators on the back of the pad so no shims required. Noise is usually from the shim vibrating. I have nothing but good things to say about thermoquiet pads.

+1 for fan of thermoquiets. Been using them on several different vehicles for years. They’re quiet, last a long time and don’t produce a lot of dust. And about half the price of any OEM brake pads.

MikeinNH yes, just West of the tug hill plateau they get 3 times as much snow as buffalo but it ia also much colder so they put sand in the mix and they just p;ow the ice smooth and don’t try to get down to the pavement North of Central Square. People running East asn West on I-90 near Syracuse drove me bonkers driving with there 4 ways on when it just snowed a little bit

As for the snowiest city between Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse, it see saws back and forth, historically.

Buffalo’s official weather is taken at the airport in Northern Cheektowaga which is usually just North of the snow belt. We had a 7 foot storm that just missed the airport last year.

The screws they usually instructed to keep because they also had a tapped set of holes 90 deg out that acted as jack screws to push the rotor off the hub. You stored them using the through holes in the rotor and tapped holes in the hub.

The concept makes sense, I guess, but there isn’t a lot of meat (thickness) in that area. I don’t think I’ve encountered rotors with threaded holes, though. I’ll have to check when I sell rotors at work.

for the snowiest city between Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse, it see saws back and forth, historically.

Not according to link I posted. Clearly shows snowfall for Syracuse ahead of Buffalo each year well over 70% of the time in the past several decades. Buffalo gets it lake effect snow from Erie which freezes by mid January where as Syracuse gets its lake effect snow from Ontario which never freezes. So it continues to get lake effect snow through March.

@NYBo

I haven’t seen rotors with screws in them for some time. You’re right, it wasn’t much engagement for the threads so they stripped out long before they worked as intended. At least, in my experience where rust is a fact of life. It was an interesting idea but failed in practical application…

Well, the ones who said Toyota doesn’t use the screws anymore were right. I just finished the front brakes and I have never seen such a fiddly design.

I have changed brakes on about 40 Mopars , a half dozen Fords, 4 GMs, 3 Studebakers several Hyundais and Mitsubishis and I have never seen a bigger pain to do.

4 clips, two springs, and 2 wear sensors have to pe held in place while putting the caliper down over the rotor and fixture. You can’t tap the pads straight into the clips or you mangle the clips. They have to be twisted in, both ends at once.

Here is a tip, re-use the factory springs if using an aftermarket hardware kit, they have a kink in the end that prevents them from coming out while driving, the aftermarket ones were straight and came out while test driving.