Friday 12/10/2021 Sacramento California Bee cartalk artical, TPMS only transmitts when stopped

Your article states that the Tire Pressure Monitoring System only transmitts info when car is stopped. What good are they for monitoring when a tire is going low while driving. I just purchased a $450 system for my $90,000 Momentum 351M FW to save damage of a tire going down. I’m going to send it back if this is true.
Thanks,
Joe

What article ? And not every paper has the same Car Talk column that is not carried in a large amount of newspapers.

Visit the web site of the brand of system you bought or call the customer service and get reall answers to your questions.

Using Google it appears that a Momentum 351 is some kind of large RV .

1 Like

I stated abv Sac (Sacramento Ca) Bee for Friday 12/10/2021.
Sorry,
Joe

I just checked on 3 different brands/models of TPMS for trailers, the three I checked monitor tire pressure every 6 seconds.

Check the model you bought, it probably does also.

1 Like

I couldn’t find the column in the online Sac. Bee site so I don’t know which system was being discussed.

As far as I know all tire pressure monitor systems operate while driving. Motion will wake up the sensors and they will transmit a signal.

1 Like

As far as I know, that is typical for all car-based TPMS systems.
I guess it is possible that trailers or RVs might be different, but–then again–I can’t access that “artical”.

Is that actually possible?

Here is the article, just didn’t sound good to me.
Thanks,
Joe

(Attachment Sac Bee Car Talk.pdf is missing)

Not everyone is from California. When I see Sac, I think Strategic Air Command.

2 Likes

Trying to get the article to you but I have it in .pdf and it was rejected. How do I show you where the article is?

(Attachment Sac Bee Car Talk.pdf is missing)

Copy paste the relevant paragraph if it is not copyrighted.

As a newbie to this site, you might not yet have the ability to post links.

Hope this works.

Ok, can you find the article now, and see the parragraph that is in question?

every vehicle I have seen updates while you are driving, and you can check the pressure at any time you want. also have never heard of changing just the batteries. usually have to change the whole sensor.

2 Likes

I’ve had mine come on while driving, I think, so this seems to be an error. But other ones may only transmit when stopped, who knows?

Hasen’t been installed yet, otherwise i would know if it worked.

I did not see where in that article that said the vehicle had to be moving… plus, you are installing an aftermarket item, not factory.

1 Like

No aftermarket stuff added. Factory TPMS going to be installed on a Ford F350. I give up.
Thanks,
Joe