Formula 1 Jack Guy

And they are made of carbon fiber and titanium and lots of other exotic and expensive materials!

1 Like

The jacks used to lift the car up at the front and back used to be just trolleys, but they are now highly sophisticated. They lift when a handle is pushed down and have an auto-drop mechanism to shave off fractions of time. The front jack also pivots to allow the operator to step out of the way.

Teams may also have a side jack, which is used if the front wing has been damaged, which renders the front jack useless. The front jack is so complex each one costs around Ā£250k ā€“ and at least two are needed for backup.

Insider's guide: Why are F1 pitstops so fast?.

1 Like

Best pitstop EVER.

2 Likes

After reading this thread I recalled how much I used to enjoy watching the F1 races on ABCā€™s Wide World of Sports. Googling says ABC still broadcasts some of the F1 races, although Iā€™ve never seen one except years ago on the now-defunct WWS program. Do you folks ever watch F1 races on ABCā€™s over the air broadcasts? Apparently ABC is going to broadcast the Monaco event this spring.

But she has the credentials. The colleges are full of people with an agenda seeking credentials. If you donā€™t have the credentials, your opinions are ignored.

Why do we pay ANY celebrities and athletes the money they get. Itā€™s absurd. No athlete is worth $50million/yr. No celebrity is worth $10 million for one movie. Itā€™s a very Capitalist system.

2 Likes

Yeah it goes to their head and think their opinion is so important when in reality is no more intelligent or important than that of a $15 waitress.

Most of the time it is completely worthless, they know about as much about real working blue & white collar Americans as a worm in the ground doesā€¦

I want to watch a movie not watch the political views of the actors, no matter what their political view is, red or blue or whatever, I just want to be entertained, not lectured toā€¦ Same goes for sports, if I watched anyā€¦ lol

Like one person got made (yes I know the details) at Teslaā€™s EM and sold their Tesla and bought another name brand, I was like, hey dummy, EM already got your money, selling the vehicle had 0 impact on himā€¦ lolā€¦OK Iā€™m doneā€¦

1 Like

I presume you are speaking of Judge Judy. Of course thereā€™s nothing preventing someone else from producing a competing tv show. The market will decide whoā€™s best. I think most folks like her program b/c she wonā€™t allow the litigators to introduce complications into their arguments. TV viewers prefer the cases be as simple as possible, cut and dried, b/c then they donā€™t have to consider all of the ramifications. TV viewing is best if it is fun, unambiguous. That makes it easy to watch.

As an example, the UKā€™s most popular TV show is probably Doctor Who. The least favorite plot-line of the entire 50+ year run was titled ā€œThe Trial of a Timelordā€. Lots of ambiguities and complications. Interesting, but not very fun to watch.

No, I rarely listen to her. Itā€™s the holly weed actors and comedians that think they know so much when they know nothing, like on gun safety and they end up shooting someone. In 8th grade gun safety, a gun is always always always loaded and never never never point it at anyone, as an example. As Chinese money supports them, feel free to lecture on what a democracy is forgetting or not knowing about the republic part.

If you check their backgrounds many are products of a bad childhood and produce crazy kids, yet they know. Gone are the days of actors like jimmy stewart enlisting during the war.

1 Like

There are several competing judge shows. I donā€™t watch any of them.