Forgot this when I did my brakes, essential?

Well I have to admit I’m a little confused now. The brake pads sure don’t look like they have the indicators riveted on but I can’t see how those clips would be put on to indicate brake wear. The anti-squeal clips for sure are a no brainer. I guess I’ve never had pads that didn’t have the riveted wear indicators, but what do I know? I guess you should just go back in there to be correct but maybe provide a picture when you’re done.

There are brake pad indicators that look like those retainers that snap into the pads instead of being riveted. But look closely at the item pictured here and you will see that the loop is the deepest protrusion on the clip and if it was a wear indicator, it would hit the rotor long before the scraper would and then fall out. That is why it is NOT a wear indicator.

The loop faces away from the rotor, the other end clips onto the brake pad.

The RX350 uses similar pads;

I see what you are saying now, so I could be wrong. My bad.

Those are wear indicators. I’ve installed quite a few with this set up. I guess it’s cheaper to have the mechanic slip them on…than riveting it to the pad!!!

@Nevada_545 posted the perfect picture to show how they are attached to the pad.

Yosemite