Ford Truck Steers Poorly with New Tires

This is the second or third time I have replaced tires on 2000 F250 Super Duty and have had poor steering at speeds above 35-40mph.

I have not checked the air pressure but wonder if too much air in the front tires can cause this?

Better check for the recommended pressure before asking questions, especially if high pressure is required for the type of tire you have.

I have not checked the air pressure but wonder if too much air in the front tires can cause this?

Too much or too little can cause the problem. Check the owner’s manual or a sticker on the truck for the recommended pressure. Remember that the pressure on the tyre in NOT a RECOMMENDED pressure, it is the max allowed for that make and model tyre. If Ford recommends more pressure than the number on the tyre, that tyre is not safe on your truck.

Check the pressure. When was your last alignment? Does anything in the steering feel loose? What tires are they, since maybe other readers here have used the same tires and can give you some feedback.

Overinflated front tires combined with underinflated rear tires makes a car oversteer and may cause directional instabilty or fishtailing at higher speeds.

Underinflated front tires combined with overinflated rear tires causes understeer, sluggish unresponsive steering.

Race car drivers frequently adjust front/rear air pressure until the car feels right.

Tires are Nokian Vativa AT

It been a couple of weeks. What does the tire pressure look like?

Also, just a wag, but what is the tire code on the tires, like LT205/75R16, and the tire code on the tire pressure placard?

Will check the tire pressure tomowwor night.

Both new tires and placard are LT23585R16E. Front should be 65, and rear should be 80. Will confirm tomorrow.