Follow-up: what happened with Toyota

Yumpin Yimminie, what’s up with all the petty name calling? Can’t you keep it civil?

…or maybe you are reading insults where there aren’t any, and when you respond with petty name calling, your posts are being flagged as inappropriate.

It seems you are taking offense at differing opinions. You might want to take a close look in the mirror.

No, clearly he can’t.
Yesterday, when I inquired–diplomatically I might add–about some inconsistencies in his statements, YY responded in an extremely hostile manner, accused me of “coming very close to calling him a liar”, and he then used some choice epithets about me. Another forum member, Ron-man, even mentioned how inappropriate he considered YY’s response to be.

So, yesterday was my turn to be insulted for not agreeing with him and for questioning him.
Today, it is your turn and oldschool’s turn.

No it is not correct.

I gave you the reference information. Although it appears that you do have a problem with reading. Because you wrote “Jumpin Jimminie” I think you meant me and that would be Yumpin Yimminie.

I will spell it out for you so you won’t be forced to decipher it.

Who is paying for the repair? I know it is not me. As far as I know it is the Toyota dealership. They could have have some type of bill back arrangement with Toyota manufacturing, but I don’t know and it doesn’t concern me.

Oh I can keep it civil. The question is why are you folks questioning what I am saying?

Congratulations oldschool, Whitey, VDCdriver, and common_sense_answer you have succeeded. For some reason you have decided to advocate an argumentative and insulting stance against the thread or me. I assume it is me.

YOU HAVE WON!!!

This thread will have no more responses from me.

Time is about 2:07 pm August 19th, 2009

If you can keep it civil, why didn’t you?

Hay! You left me out!

Mr. Yimminie, Sir, I Accidently Spelled Yumpin And Yimminie With "J"s Instead Of "Y"s At Their Onsets And Very Quickly Corrected It.

I am familiar with the terms “jumpin” and “Jimminie”, but have not run across Yumpin and Yimminie before, therefore the error. It was clearly my mistake and I meant no offense.

Mr. Yimminie, I’ll bet you have seen this error at one time or another on bank statements, doctor bills, etcetera. Is that correct?

Regarding your saying, " Although it appears that you do have a problem with reading. Because you wrote “Jumpin Jimminie” I think you meant me and that would be Yumpin Yimminie." I believe that my problem was more with writing in this instance.

My problem with reading is one of a comprehension problem, that is trying to figure out what you mean, looking for key words in an ocean of extra syllables. But, I do the best I can, working with the limited reading and writing skills I have.

The term, " As far as I know it is the Toyota dealership." means that the dealer is paying for sure(?) or if not, Toyota is paying for sure(?) Is this correct?

Thank You,
CSA

All I want to say is what the fudge. With the exception of ‘The’ one other post, I can say I have never read anything like these two threads. I’m scratching my head here.

What has you scratching your head?

What was “‘The’ one other post?”

I have seen a few other threads like this where someone comes here with an answer in mind, looking for validation, only to find most of us disagree. It can get ugly if the OP doesn’t have an open mind.

That Does It Ron-Man! I’m Including You On The List With The Four Of Us!

CSA

Take heart guys for there is good news upon the horizon. The op Yumpin_Yimminie will not be on this site for long. These type of self absorbed people never are. They normally ask a question or make a response to another and when someone disagrees or they get an answer they cannot tolerate out come the wailing and gnashing of teeth. The pointed ends of daggers made of the finest insecurities of life are sharpened upon the whetstones of petty meaningless disagreements and then thrust into backs of those who choose to reach out and answer a simple question from a poster.

He will go away soon since he cannot tolerate people not agreeing with him.

Yumpin_Yimminie, can I be on the list also?

Wow, that sure got ugly. Some folks just have to chill out a little. Old School, etc. your opinions are valued so don’t take offense when someone blows up.

If I may summarize a little, I think the spots were from lack of care and undoubtedly the body shop used polishing compound on it to clean it up. All they’ll do is polish it out when they do the ding. IMHO

As far as Jumpin vs. Yumpin, it is a scandinavian thing. Imports from Norway etc. where English is a second language pronounce “J’s” as “Y’s”. If you’re from the midwest, you’d understand. Kind of like Germans where the “W’s” are pronounced as “V’s” if you speak English second to German. So “we will overcome” becomes “Ve vill ofercome”. Just thought you should have a civil explanation.

I hope humpin himmieny gets soaked with the bill.

I’m of Scandinavian descent and pronouncing J’s as Y’s was common. A couple of my old relatives had the longest Monopoly game in history. Every time they landed on the lower right square of the Monopoly board, they thought it said “Go to Yale”. The game was held up until the person obtained another degree.

The General Manager said, “We’ll take care of it.” Just confirmed with Body Shop manager that meant Toyota assume dealership.

MikeinNH and Whitey. I thought that because the clear coat looked nice on all our cars that was proof that regime that I was using was sufficient. Research last night showed that isn’t the case. Why it took research when Whitey along with others had been spouting it all along, I don’t know.

What was even more unappreciated is that several of the sites said that using a good hand wax, the jobs barely last 4 to 6 weeks.

The General Manager said, “We’ll take care of it.” Just confirmed with Body Shop manager that meant Toyota assume dealership.

oldschool please accept my apologies regarding my response to “If we ask you what time it is will you tell us how a watch is built.” I read the forum rules and the stress on brevity. I was clearly wrong. In addition what compounded things is that I was reading through the forums and realized what a tremendous asset you are on this forum.

Whitey you don’t know how right you are in regards to I probably would never know the difference if they used a $6.99 can on spray on. Sad but probably the truth.

I did searching on the internet for that gizmo that the GM pulled out to measure the paint. Everyone probably knows except me that it is a paint depth gauge. Those suckers are expensive. They run about $600 for one that is entry level.