Foggy Windows and Frustrated

2001 Chevy Prizm. Now that it is winter the windows fog then frost when driving. At first I thought it was poor door seals which may attribute to the problem. I removed the glove box and reconnected the supply to the right side vent but not much has changed. I noticed that there is a blower with a filter and it appears that it may be stuck on recirculate. It is motor driven and I am afraid to pull on it, force it and break it. I don’t know how to test or replace this little motor. It gets so bad, especially at high speeds that the sides fog and frost, even the front starts to fog a little with heat and blower on high. The only thing that dries are my eyes. HELP!

In the summer time at night especially I have to have the defrost on full to try and address the moisture.

All of this is unsafe since I can’t see when I drive.

Please help.

Thanks,

dougiefresh27@hotmail.com

i have 98 blazer and have same problem. i had to change out my heater core, no more fog

I noticed that there is a blower with a filter and it appears that it may be stuck on recirculate.

We have a BINGO.

If it is stuck on re-circulate that is most likely it. When you say motor driven, do you mean electric or vacuum motor?

I assume it is motor since I see a little flat black box attached about where this filter flap would rotate to the other position. My thoughts are it is a fuse or the entire motor. Thoughts?

Is this expensive?
It even fogs inside overnight. What’s up with that?