Florida State Trooper Who Pulled Over Speeding Cop Sues 88 Officers in 25 Jurisdictions

They speed and they tailgate.

In Edison, NJ, all of this would be just…kid stuff.

Imagine a PD which, in the space of just a few years, had the following incidents:

A bank was robbed by one of their officers, while on his way to work. I knew him when he was a student at my HS, and…let’s just say that I was not too shocked.
An officer, who was disciplined by his supervisor, set fire to the supervisor’s home while people were asleep. Luckily, all of those folks managed to escape with their lives, although the home was destroyed.
(The officer arrested for this crime was also a graduate of my HS, although I was not the counselor for either of them.)
Several officers conspired to conceal evidence regarding the arson/attempted murder incident mentioned above.
An officer was found sitting in his car–totally naked and “pleasuring himself”–while ogling women in a nearby park.
An officer who was on private security duty at a supermarket tried to walk off with hair care products and groceries worth ~$25.
An officer abandoned his patrol route to attend a backyard BBQ–and got extremely intoxicated.
An officer summoned to a domestic disturbance later returned to the scene of the disturbance in order to solicit sex from the woman–who was now alone after her boyfriend had been removed from the scene earlier.

This should provide some interesting reading for everyone:

Incidentally, that PD is now under the supervision of the county prosecutor, due to all of its ongoing problems. Will that improve things? Only time will tell…