Floor jacking 2008 Civic Hybrid

Does anyone know where to place a floorjack on a 08 Civic (hybrid and FWD, though I think they’re all FWD)? I know where the side jack spots are but I need to know where I can SAFELY place a floor jack underneath.

Can it be centered? Or do I need to elevate one side then the other, using floor stands?

This is mainly for oil changing.

Check the owners manual.

The other place to look is on the jack or where the spare tire is stored. Most times there is information there that will tell you where the lift points are.

Guess I should’ve said I looked through the owners manual extensively. And as indicated, it reveals jack points for side lifting for tire changes. I’m looking for life points underneath the car, preferably a center point, for a floor jack.

The only other mention is long-term storage suggestions of putting the car up on floor stands to avoid tire damage. Of course it makes no mention of undercarriage jacking points.

I think I found a solution: http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f12/best-jacking-point-front-hch-w-floor-jack-3536/

However in the even I want to rotate the tires, I will still need to find sufficient points underneath.

DO NOT USE A JACK FOR OIL CHANGES!!! The risk of the jack tipping and the car crushing you is quite high. Use jack stands or ramps for any under-car work. The supplied jack must ONLY be used for tire changes.

DO NOT USE A JACK FOR OIL CHANGES!!! The risk of the jack tipping and the car crushing you is quite high. Use jack stands or ramps for any under-car work.

How do you put the car jack stands if you first to jack the car up??? The OP said that’s what he wanted to do…Looking for a way to to put the car on jack stands.

It sounded like he wanted to know where to jack the car up so he could do oil changes, not jack the car up so he could place axle/jack stands underneath. Hence the safety warning.

Use ramps for oil changes.

I would not jack it up for oil changes. I suggest you buy a set of ramps. They make short plastic ramps that won’t harm your car. After it is up on ramps, place two jack stands under the side jack spots for safety and insurance before you go underneath. I don’t entirely trust ramps, especially when they are made of plastic, but they do make oil changes easier.