Flipping a wrench over?

Yeah, done that too. Didn’t think anyone else knew that trick either. I suppose that has has a name too like “twinning” or something.

Early submarines were quite small. I’m sure calling them ‘boats’ comes from that era.

Mating two wenches…I mean Wrenches!!!

Yosemite

It comes from how they were launched and tendered. Ships carry and launch boats. The first subs were carried by ship and launched into action. Consider one of the larger manufacturers is called Electric Boat…

I found this- it has some history and humor: http://www.answers.com/Q/Why_is_a_submarine_classified_as_a_boat_and_not_as_a_ship

Interesting history lesson. I always wondered why subs were called boats. I often take the ferry out of New London CT that passes right by Electric Boat in Groton. They usually have at least one sub there being worked on.

I went to a movie years ago called “Das Boot” thinking it meant “The Shoe” but it meant “The Boat.”

and

I heard that the United Auto Workers know how to build boats.

One has to be curious about why one would go to a movie about a boot anyway. Hopefully it was a pleasant surprise when it turned out to be about a boat.

I had heard about the movie “Das Boot” on Siskel and Ebert’s movie review TV show when it was showing in the movie theaters in early 1980ish. It was a good movie in german with english subtitles.

Das Boot. One of the best submarine movies ever made, along with “Run Silent, Run Deep.”

“Run Silent, Run Deep.”
I’m not big on movies, quit watching them a couple decades ago, but was that the “What is it Sir?, I can’t make it out!” movie? That was a really good one. I don’t like the violence and hidden agendas in the modern flicks. Plus, I don’t want to support some of the “causes” the Hollywood folks represent. They should stick to acting. I sound like an old fart. Oh, well.

CSA

I spent a few seconds flipping my wrench and a few seconds flopping my wrench and now I can’t remember wich side goes up.

I always put a spot of paint on one side of my wrenches, then I can keep track of whether they have been flopped or not.

I Store Mine On Edge So They Don’t Take A “Set”.
CSA