Flashing C.E.L

my C.E.L.(check engine light)flashes whenever the rpms are over 2000.i had it plugged in,and the code was for “random cylinder misfire” all this was after i changed plugs,wires,rotor,and dist.cap.what is going on? thank you for your time.p.s.its a 2000 olds.bravada.

You should post the actual alphanumeric code, not the diagnosis, which might be faulty.

BTW, a flashing CEL should be treated the same as an oil pressure light. When it happens, it is time to turn off the engine and have it towed to the shop.

Check your work.
One of the spark plug wires might not be snapped onto the spark plug properly.

BC.

As Whitey noted, you should post the actual code. Whatever words people come up with often don’t match up well with what the actual codes are.

There is, however, a P0300 which is a random/multiple cylinder misfire (so it this was it, its not necessarily “random”

Are you saying that everything was fine before you did the plugs, wires, etc…? If so, follow Bladecutter’s advice first.

Or are you saying that you had this problem, did the plugs, wires, etc and still have the problem? A misfire comes from a problem with anything related to combustion - spark, fuel, compression, air. Check the fuel pressure and check for vacuum leaks. Its probably worth it to pull the plugs back out & check the compression.