Recovering from illness, returning to work; need a car.
A Friend(?) ! ‘gifted’ me with a 1993 Honda Odyssey w/199K miles and $1K.
Dealership says: it has low engine noise plus some tapping, exhaust leak. Needs timing belt, spark plugs, valve cover gasket tube seals, drive belts, air filter cover (screw stripped, and cover cannot be removed).
Transmission hesitates, ABS always on and lugs engine, clicking on right side of car (axel or boot?), front brakes 40% remaining; rear brakes 60% remaining.
Exterior, interior and tires in very good condition.
Repair or ???
Credit score high; debt to income ratio poor due to medical, so I can’t get a new car . . . doesn’t seem like there’s a good answer.