Factory Tent and cleaning the glass

I am aware that you don’t want to use glass cleaning products containing ammonia on tinted auto glass because it will pull the tint out. My understanding is that you can use anything else that contains say acetone or the such. However, how about cleaning products such as Good Green which contains no ammonia, but has some other ingredients, such as cleaning oils from cottonseed, etc? What is the general rule regarding cleaning auto glass with tinted windows? What type products can be used? FYI, I did have a nissan PU that had windexused on it and over ime, it pulled all the tint out of the windows. Thanks…

use invisible glass…google cleaning auto glass with tinted windows and you will find all the info you need…

you don’t want to use glass cleaning products containing ammonia on tinted auto glass because it will pull the tint out.

All the issues I have ever encounted were related to AFTERMARKET tints applied to the glass. This is a sheet of film that is adhered to the the glass surface. Ammonia can cause the tint film to peel away from the window.

Your post implies that OEM tints can be removed by using ammonia (pull the tint out). I doubt this is true and I’d like to see any references to it. I often use full strength ammonia to clean my factory tinted auto glass and it has never reduced or otherwise altered the tinting.

When I read the OP’s comments, my first thoughts were the same as Twin Turbo’s.
I have never heard of, or seen any evidence of, damage to OEM (factory) tinted glass from the use of ammonia or any other commercial glass cleaner.

I suspect that the OP was referring to aftermarket window tinting, and like most aftermarket products, this just gives me one more reason to avoid it.

Factory Tint…NO…Aftermarket Tint…YES.

Actually, we may all be barking up the wrong tree. The title of the question seems to refer to a problem with a tent. Pehaps Ringling Brothers can offer some advice.

I don’t think Ringling Brothers uses tents anymore. At least when they’re here they rent a nice indoor venue. They may not be any help either. Maybe the Coleman Factory… http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/category_main.asp?CategoryID=11000 Wouldn’t the ammonia smell make a tent unbearable?