Exhaust Problems

My point was not whether or not the exhaust needed to be fixed. I already knew that. This post had nothing to do with the exhaust and I am working on getting it fixed. I’ve said a few times already that I know I need to have that fixed so I am not sure why that is the only thing everyone keeps talking about. I don’t understand why you guys don’t see that I am asking for suggestions on what could be going on underneath the front of the car not whether or not the exhaust needs to be fixed because I already knew that. I don’t know why they don’t understand… please don’t comment unless you have some actual advice about the question I am asking rather than something I already know that needs to be done.

Vibrations noticed only when turning a certain direction can be caused by a faulty cv joint (on fwd cars), faulty tire, or less likely, wheel bearing. When the vibration is felt when turning right, suspect the left side of the car as the culprit (drivers side). Exhaust system problems could cause this symptom too, but it would be sort of unusual. If it was an exhaust system problem, that should be able to be easily identified at a shop by putting the car on the lift, so common sense says to do that first, before considering the others.

As an outsider, what I see is that the posters are saying that your problem is probably the exhaust pipe. It’s not worthwhile even thinking about other problems until you get that fixed.

Very simple. Sort of like asking: I have a hole in my pocket and keep loosing change. What other reason could there be to cause my change to disappear.

4 Likes

With all due regard . . .

If you don’t want any discussion about the exhaust, you should NOT have named this discussion “Exhaust Problems”

9 Likes

I think you have a flint stone mobile. And the knocking is a rabbit named thumper. Who runs under your car everywhere you go. And, thumper doesn’t like right turns. So when you make a right turn. He thumps the floor board to let you know that if you don’t want to here the noise you will only make left turns.

2 Likes