Exchangable Car Parts

I have a 1999 STS with 200,000 miles on it then a 1998 SLS with 300,000 miles on it. The SLS is on its 2nd motor with redone headgaskets and valves etc. Is it worth it to keep the STS is there really that many exchanchable car parts between them? Thank You lots plz give me feed back, its greatly appreciated!

I have a 1999 STS with 200,000 miles on it then a 1998 SLS with 300,000 miles on it. The SLS is on its 2nd motor with redone headgaskets and valves etc. Is it worth it to keep the STS is there really that many exchanchable car parts between them? Thank You lots plz give me feed back, its greatly appreciated!

Could you repeat the question :slight_smile:

It is NOT worth it to keep a 200,000 mile parts car.

It takes up a lot of space and nearly every part on it has 200,000 miles! The replacement part you pull of the STS for the SLS would likely not last as long as the time it took you to pull the part off and install it onto the SLS. (OK, maybe a little longer…)

The question was, is it worth it to keep the STS and use the parts, or should I sell it for the parts or just sell the whole thing? Basically What should I do with it…?

Sell it any way you can. Start by first trying to sell the whole car. No one wants 200k mile parts.

Save yourself some frustation and get rid of that mess-Kevin

About how much should I sell it for?

or just give it to someone who will take it away. it probably doesn’t have much monetary value.

Scrap cars are selling for 7 to 11 cents a pound. That STS is about 4000 lbs or $280 to $440. Start there.