Excessive digital high voltage detonation defect

I30 2000 Infiniti

Re; ?EXCESSIVE DIGITAL HIGH VOLTAGE DETONATION DEFECT issued on?09/06/01

(Classification:EC01-024, Reference: ITB01-052,"DETONATION) (DUE) TO IGNITION COILS)

1. What is a, ?EXCESSIVE DIGITAL HIGH VOLTAGE DETONATION

DEFECT in the IGNITION SYSTEM??

2. What are the Original CAUSES and AFFECTS?

3. What does or can a OBD, {On Board Diagnostic}, diagnose?

4. What are the Negative Affects of an, ?EXCESSIVE DIGITAL HIGH

VOLTAGE DETONATION DEFECT?, when Delivered through the

Ignition system over an extended period of time, if not corrected or

Repaired Immediately?

5. Can this, ?EXCESSIVE DIGITAL HIGH VOLTAGE DETONATION

DEFECT?, Cause a Gradual Deterioration of the Digital Components

And Rubbery Parts within the Ignition System of my vehicle?

6. Will or can this ?EXCESSIVE DIGITAL HIGH VOLTAGE

DETONATION DEFECT? Accumulation Create a Continuous Rough

Idling problem, should it not be repaired Immediately, Thoroughly and

Properly?

It probably means the computer is trying to destroy the engine and it should be fixed.

I read the TSB, and attached it to this post. Here’s what I’ve interpreted.

1. It means the coil is sending spark to the plug before the computer is signaling it to.

2. One cause is a broken wire between the ignition module and coils. The other is a defective coil.

3. ODB system is setting a trouble code (P1320) and/or your hearing pre-ignition knocking and pinging.

4. The negative effects will be knocking and pinging, and reduced fuel mileage and power. Over time, this could cause pre-mature engine failures.

5. Deterioration of other digital components is a tricky one, because it is unknown what a defective coil may back-feed into the rest of the digital system. Other than that, it is at the end of the digital track, and there is nothing else digitally to damage. It should not affect anything rubber under the hood.

6. This is not and ‘accumulation’. It will happen or not happen. If you have trouble code P1320, then repair is a slam-dunk. Get it done. If you don’t have the code, but still have codes P0300 - P0306, then the coils may still be defective. They suggest you try a tankful of premium fuel to see if the knocking and pinging is due to the wrong grade of gasoline before replacing the coils.

What codes are stored? I’m assuming the CEL is on, and codes are stored. There are many other causes for the symptoms you are describing. Some are dirty throttle body, bad IAC, needs tune-up, etc…