So my 2013 GLI has EPC and CEL on. I had codes P0300, P0301, P302 and P0303 on diagnostic. I read on forums on this site that replacing the spark plugs might be a solution. So I replaced the spark plugs. And STILL same issue. HELP PLEASE!
The possible causes of a P0300 and the rest. You only did the first one but you got ALL the codes meaning that ALL cylinders have an issue. All the spark plugs wouldn’t fail at once, sooo…
P0300 Causes ( = Most Common)*
- Faulty or worn spark plugs *
- Faulty spark plug wires or coils *
- Distributor failure *
- Faulty fuel injector *
- Vacuum leak
- Low fuel pressure
- Camshaft sensor defective
- Crankshaft sensor defective
- Engine timing off
- Leaking head gasket
- Low engine compression
- Poor quality fuel
Start with the 3rd one down and get your detective hat on. If this is a 6 cylinder (you don’t say) focus on cylinders 1,2 and 3. Likely the camshaft sensor on that side. Check compression to make sure it isn’t a head gasket first, though. Good Luck
The car sounds bad idling and when you hit the gas it stutters.
You have a 4 banger turbo engine right? Starting off by replacing the spark plugs was a good guess. But since it didn’t work … this is where I’d start:
- Vacuum system check. Test the brake booster’s ability to hold vacuum, and whether spraying starter spray around the intake manifold has any effect.
- Measure the fuel rail pressure.
- Check for cat damage
Are you able to determine the fuel trims?