Engine Light

I have a 2007 Honda Accord, automatic transmission. Engine light of the car turns on while i am driving the car. When the light is on the car slows down and it does not give me the same speed when I press on the gas as if the gear is not shifting. When I stop the can and turn the ignition off and turn it agian, the light disappears and he car runs fine. However, this may repeat itself after driving for a few mile and sometimes disappears for days.

Hope someone can help me out with this

That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P0123) not just their translation into English and post it back here. 

The loss of power is likely the result of the car’s computer seeing a problem and it is telling the engine to go into “limp” mode to prevent damage to the car.

You should not ignore this just because the light resets after turning the car off. Since it recurs there is a significant problem, bad coils or something. What is the temp gauge reading? Any other clues you can provide? Miles on car? Previous services done, like new spark plugs or filters?

It’s also possible that the tranny is defaulting to “limp home mode”. You need to get this addressed ASAP. Postponing doing so may cause the final cost to skyrocket.

Axiom: the cost of fixing a problem will never be cheaper than when it’s first discovered.

Pull the OBD-2 code(s) and post them back here…