Engine light, anti skid, VSC all on

2007 Lexus ES 350

It happens every 6 months or so I get these lights after I even changed the spark plugs. Record says it’s a miss fire, but I don’t know if it’s the computer.

Please post the actual codes you got from the car. It should be in the form P1234. Tell us a lot more about your car - miles, engine, transmission, does it use oil, does the engine light stay on? Does it flash?. Why did you change the spark plugs? To “fix” the problem? How did they look once they were out?

A misfire can set the VSC code if the check engine light is on. A misfife can be cause by more than just spark plugs.

A bad Wheel speed sensor will disable the abs and usually the tcs/Vsc as well.

You would not believe this…a bad/loose fuel cap on these vehicles can make these lights come on. Its crazy. My moms Highlander did the very same thing, Lit up like a Christmas tree. I didn’t bother even trying to figure it out, I just tightened the cap, disconnected the battery, reconnected and problem solved.

On Toyota products of this vintage, certain errors set off all of those lights. It doesn’t mean anything.
Read the code.

Coil failures are common on this car.

1 Like

I have 286k miles, not transmiss IP on problems, no use of oil. I haven’t changed the fuel filter ever and the air filter hasn’t been changed in several months. I normally get the misfire codes on cylinders 2,4 and 6. I end up changing thes plugs but this time it hasn’t cleared. No problem with steering, just feeling hesitation and bucking

Weak coil(s) or weak ignition circuitry could cause that. Start by the basic alternator/battery voltage test. Before first start of the day the battery should measure about 12.6 volts. Immediately after starting the engine, 13.5-15.5 volts. What do you get?