Engine done at 25K miles

I retired as a university professor after 44 years of service. I really liked working with students, but I couldn’t put up with the politics of the institution any longer. A lot of the younger faculty are self serving little brats. They were hired to do research. Teaching is only secondary. New faculty were brought in at a lower rank, higher salary and given lighter teaching loads than I had. When I went to my department chair and objected, I was told that these new faculty were doing research. I then showed my department chair my puvlications, over the last three years and asked about the publications of the new faculty. I was,then told that they had to be given time to establish their research agendas. The real reason for this,emphasis, on research is grant monies. The university where I taught raked 46% off each grant for overhead. This 46% pays for more,administration.
A few years ago, the real estate bubble burst because of the mortgages given to anyone,who barely could pay for a,postage stamp. The higher education bubble, financed by student loans is the next bubble to burst.

A few years ago, the real estate bubble burst because of the mortgages given to anyone,who barely could pay for a,postage stamp.

It wasn’t that there were subprime loans. Banks had done that for years. but they kept their risk low. Then comes along JP Morgan and BUNDLING. They took the subprime loans and bundled them with prime loans then sold them to investors as prime loans. Also bought insurance on these loans (AIG). Then when housing prices started to fall…and variable rate loans went up…the so-called prime loans turned out to be worthless.

We the people bailed the banks out to a tune of almost $1-Trillion.

And now those companies we bailed out have filed suit against the Federal government saying they are owed BILLIONS of dollars because the government forced them to sell or liquidate part of their company.

here’s just one…

Back to the topic- All this talk of neglect- do you really think this would happen if there was even one inkling of neglect?

mazda approved me for a brand new engine

If they could point the finger of blame on owner neglect (especially a used, at least 2 owner car) don’t you think they’d refuse to replace the engine under warranty? If the above is true, there must be more to the story regarding the evaluation of root cause…

I agree with @TwinTurbo. I had an engine replaced under warranty on a Ford Aerostar. I purchased the vehicle used, but it had the balance of the warranty. It had about 30,000 miles when the engine was replaced. The causw, was a cracked cylinder head that let colant into one of the cylinders. Defects that don’t show up for 20,000 or 30,000 miles aren’t common, but they do happen.

They got my engine in and replaced it by Wednesday which only took about a week. Car is running a lot smoother now.

"They got my engine in and replaced it by Wednesday which only took about a week. Car is running a lot smoother now. "

ZOOM, ZOOM! Take Good Care Of That Baby And Enjoy It!
CSA