Dump him, Kate

And I’m speaking as someone who didn’t get their license until I was 21 and pretty much forced to.

I don’t care he doesn’t have a license but when you don’t have a license then you take the train, the bus or sign up at school for someone who’s driving that way. You don’t sit around on your butt waiting for her to drive home.

And if you’re going into international relations, do you really want a guy who can’t figure out the public transport system in his own country?

It’s not the license - it’s the lack of flexibility & creativity that should be your first clue to run for the hills.

Tom, Ray, why didn’t you stick to your original advice?

Totally agree . It’s not okay especially for a guy to require taxi services from his girlfriend . Frankly it’d be emasculating to me

it's the lack of flexibility & creativity...

Not to mention lack of responsibility to contribute effort into the relationship.

But this is a rerun from long ago, like all the calls now. I’ll bet Kate’s currently enjoying some big adventure far beyond our local oceans, while Aaron’s still safe in his apartment.

I imagine there are other factors factoring in this relationship besides transportation. I say let Kate decide for herself. I have the sense that Kate — well, she understands the compromises completely, and she knows what she’s doing.

Aaron sounds like a real user. This is not even close to being a 50-50 relationship. From what we heard on the show, it’s more like 90-10, with Kate on the losing end. I hope that WesternRoadtripper is correct, re: “I’ll bet Kate’s currently enjoying some big adventure far beyond our local oceans, while Aaron’s still safe in his apartment,” but she sounds too naive to realize that she needs to dump this guy.

There was a short lived special feature on Cartalk years ago where the guys would get in touch with a previous listener just to catch up, mostly the real characters who had called the show. It was called “Where Is He Now Tommy?”, or something close to that.

If it weren’t so long ago (at least 10 years, probably more), this would be …well, maybe not, now that I think about it. I’m betting Kate figured it out. Long ago. Hope so.