I have a 04 forester XT with ej205 and 4eat automatic.
Here are my symptoms. I uploaded this video as well of the noise
(On jack stands, FWD fuse in, rear wheels on ground, in drive)
I have noises similar to this too.
That noise seems to be a bit better since adding more ATF. It is a little low on trans dipstick but I only drove it for about 5 minutes before checking though.
What I do know
- noise doesn’t change from side to side (wheel bearing)
- new rotors (happened before this)
- new brakes (happened before this)
- new rear wheel bearing (right side)
- new front wheel bearing (left side)
- sounds somewhat related to engine speed
- new timing belt/tensioners
I also get bind when turning tightly on both sides. Drivetrain grind/rubbing also only seems to be apparent above 40km and on throttle/in gear. If noise is evident and I put it into neutral, it goes away.
Any help is appreciated. I want to get this figured ASAP before something majorly goes wrong