Drain bolt

It’s not a quick leak, more of a slow drip and not a big puddle thank goodness! I was looking for an independent mechanic for my plan B… in the event the dealer says they won’t do the work. Thanks, good idea!

Don’t look for the dealer to fix this, even though it sounds like the problem originated with an OEM service unit. Any decent mechanic could assess the damage and either use a thread repair kit or measure the size of the bolt. After that a Fumoto or EZ oil drain valve could be fitted to avoid having to remove the plug again.

1 Like

I’m at the Honda service center and they’re doing the kit fix I believe. Should last 5 oil changes so by then I’ll be able to replace the unit. Cost is $100😊

If you remove the plug to repair it, I assume oil drains out? Are they at least changing oil?

Absolutely! Actually it cost $88, I received a discount so I’m happy lol

Thanks to everyone who helped, I learned a lot on this feed. I also recommended this site to an older lady at the service center. This is a great resource for us!

1 Like

Please come back often, even if you don’t have an issue we can help with. There are always plenty of interesting, informative discussions going on.

3 Likes

I definitely will! I like learning and maybe I can contribute!

Welcome Mrs Lewis and as old_mopar_guy said you don’t need to have a car problem to comment on whatever the topic is going on feel free to chime in if you care to.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

So glad to hear that the usual infighting gave way to actually providing some help.

1 Like