Does Subaru have a oil burning problem?

Yes @Renegade over the years, I have heard the same exact thing you just stated, except when “they” conveyed the idea, it had an overabundance of profanity and many colorful adjectives and places I should visit etc…

3 Likes

Have to agree with the one’s that conveyed that idea to you.

1 Like

As far as place’s you should visit did they just tell you to go there or did they give you direction’s?

whoever you are . . . what is your problem?

What is it that you disagree with . . . ?

The fact that I don’t shop at Walmart . . . ?

That’s my privilege . . . note I didn’t actually say why that is

Or is it that I said the Costco parking lot layout is better than the Walmart layout . . . ?!

Or is it that you don’t want to hear about coffee . . . ?!

Fine

Let’s talk about some other drinks instead

I did bring it back to cars :triumph:

Perhaps this discussion will get shut down soon :thinking:

3 Likes

I got flagged to it must be someone who don’t like coffee or costco.

Bright tailed and bushy eyed I say, off to the airport, mmmm coffee need it for the drive, flagged again, sure off topic, sorry about the oil consumption, many cars use oil and are fine, up to about 3k for a quart at 298k, and yes I worry, but whatever.

2 Likes

Coffee and oil do mix! Read about it here…
Hats off to @Honda_Blackbird who takes off each morning like an SR-71, sans go juice! I too, am an early riser ready to rip, but I do enjoy some black jet fuel in a coffee cup for JATO power.

@George_San_Jose, and anybody else, Years ago we had a Toddy cold brew coffee maker. These babies make absolutely delicious coffee concentrate that you keep in the refrigerator. To use it you pour just a couple ounces of coffee concentrate in your cup, fill with water, and nuke it. It blows the doors (car reference ) off of instant (although it is instant), and tastes even better than fresh brew! Looks like they still make/sell them.

Whether one drinks coffee or plain old water, and whether a car is older, higher mileage, or brand new, I feel that it’s the owner/operator’s responsibility to make frequent under hood checks, particularly oil & coolant! Just imagine how many of the major engine disasters we hear about in new discussions that could have been averted by heeding that admonition.

It literally takes me seconds to check those vital fluids. I visually check coolant in the reservoir (granted, in rare instances it may not indicate radiator level, but will usually catch the majority of leaks/consumption). I lift the oil dipstick slowly when the engine is stone cold and without removing it, check the level and shove it back down… Simple, clean, and fast.

I have never run low of these vital fluids in over half a century of lots of cars and lots miles and don’t intend to now.

How hard is it to familiarize one’s self with an Owner Manual?
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses::palm_tree:

1 Like

Y’know, not to be a drip, but your colleagues are onto something when they say this thread might get closed. Or when folks start flagging. Is it asking a latte that you stay fairly close to the subject?

2 Likes

This car might be emitting blue smoke . . . but it could also be white?

is that on-topic enough . . . ?!

Better to find out that way, that your engine oil needs to be topped off in between oil changes, versus waiting until the oil pressure switch/sensor and/or the engine oil level sensor tell you there’s an issue

:thinking:

2 Likes

Not at oil. If I’ve off-fendered any body, I’m sorry.

Please notice that my last post de-part-ed some really fluid ON TOPIC wisdom pertaining to under-hood responsibilities of all vehicle owners/operators.

Please, don’t taz me! :zap: I run with scissors too, but, I’ll try harder to be good.

I’ll show car myself out now.
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

2 Likes

For those of a certain generation . . .

I remember a computer game company from the 1990s called “Running with scissors”

Extremely violent for the day, but the games were fun :smiley:

1 Like

In case it wasn’t obvious, that was said with better humor than might have come across.

1 Like

I just groaned and laughed at that one.i have never before groaned and laughed simultaneously.

1 Like

Never heard of white smoke caused by oil consumption. Who’da thunk it?

I believe I made it clear that the color of the smoke was open to interpretation

Some might say blue

Some might say white

Contrary to popular opinion, not everybody sees everything the same all the time

This blue enough for you . . . ?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Old school, white smoke is oil, black smoke is gas in my recollection, except when burning rubber of course.

Yes, that’ll do nicely.

1 Like

I always heard blue smoke oil, black smoke fuel, and white smoke coolant.

1 Like

5 must-haves for car-driving coffee lovers

1. In-car espresso maker
  2. Coffee colorings: Java, Espresso, Espresso/Latte, Deep Mocha, Cappuccino, and Kona Coffee are all available offerings apparently.
  3. Roller-coaster proof cup-holders
  4. Dashboard alerts telling you to stop & drink a cup of coffee if you’ve been driving too long without a break
  5. Heated cup-holders

How 'bout them beans? :wink:

On the contrary, it is the most expensive thing you own. Add up the cost of buying ALL the cars one has had, plus maintainance and it easily surpasses what one spends for houses over the years, outside of CA.