Does Subaru have a oil burning problem?

I’ll eat Walmart brand food no problem, but no Walmart brand oil is going into my vehicles … lol.

1 Like

Very good! I currently am using Maxwell House 100% Columbian, I believe, full 1 cup scoop in the Mr. Coffee, twelve (6oz) servings.

I drink it only black, nothing in it, ever, no girly-man flavors or additives.

I could use Folgers, but the MH is on sale all the time. Coffee and beer are similar in that there is no bad coffee or bad beer, some is just better than others! :wink:

Brining it back to cars, coffee is to us as motor oil is to a car.
It’s necessary to go forth.

CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

1 Like

Lately it’s been on sale $14.88
Been using it in my 2017 Tucson for 2 years.
The oil nerds over at Bob’s the oil guy like it.
That’s a good sign IMHO.

I’ve seen that quote or a similar quote in every vehicle I’ve owned in the past 45+ years. Only my 73 Vega would consume that much oil (but not until 50k miles). Every other new vehicle I’ve owned might burn 1/10 pint between oil changes. I sold (or gave away) vehicles with well over 300k miles on them that burned less then 1 pint between oil changes. When I change the oil on our current vehicles (07 Lexus with over 220k miles and my 14 Highlander with over 120k miles) the oil line is right up at the full mark. Personally I think it’s a manufacturers way of covering their ass.

I would suggest you doing the opposite, George :slight_smile:

I could use Folgers, but the MH is on sale all the time. Coffee and beer are similar in that there is no bad coffee or bad beer, some is just better than other
Agree with one exception I don’t think is is around anymore but there used to be a beer called blatz that tasted like rotten apple’s.

I agree. Where’s that food coming from before it’s “distributed by WalMart, Bentonville Arkansas”? That information should be required by law.

I won’t buy that crap of unknown origins. There’s a big list of counties that supply food that I refuse to eat.
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses::palm_tree:

1 Like

Yep. I have a quart of CarQuest brand synthetic in my trunk right now for exactly that purpose.

Coffee is car related, that was one of the reasons (actually I think the only reason ever provided) for putting diesel into a gasoline powered car.
I prefer MH French Roast, but my warehouse club store, I won’t say witch one but their HQ is in Bentonville, Arkansas, sells Folgers for about 1/2 price of MH from a grocery store.

I wouldn’t shop at Walmart if they were giving away their junk.

4 Likes

Stepping back from the philosophical and engineering debate about whether a car should display its engine oil warning light between oil changes, Subaru has had an oil consumption defect in its 2.5-liter and some other engines for generations. This was settled in court. The oil consumption defect can lead to engine failure. It also worsens for many Subaru owners. Here is some background.

1 Like

deleted :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You don’t drink caffeinated beverages . . . ?!

Or you just don’t drink coffee . . . ?!

I know quite a guys that don’t drink coffee . . . but more than make up for it by guzzling other types super-caffeinated drinks

1 Like

No Caffeinated bevs… I never thought much about it until a few months ago when a friend started making a big fuss about it…for whatever reason.

1 Like

Let me guess . . .

that friend was over at your house, looking in your refrigerator for a pepsi, coke, or something along those lines, only to be disappointed to not find any

am I close . . . ?

2 Likes

How do you manage to function without a cafene fix in the AM?

1 Like

LOL… YES @db4690 that is exactly what happened… and it happened to be after a night where a few brews were involved. He threw a proper fit…and tried to assemble a mob out of the other guys as well.

I have no idea @Renegade I never thought much about it… I wake up raring to go. I’m the guy jumping around and talking 100 mph in the morning going over the days plan or activities B4 anyone has had their coffee. If looks could kill I tell ya. I dunno…its hard to miss something that was never there.

I have been slipped caffeine inadvertently however… like in a Sunkist Orange soda… I mean who does that man? No Bueno… No sleep-O either that night. I just dont need the stuff, no idea why.

3 Likes

I didn’t drink any coffee until around age 40 I guess. If it had tasted as good as it smelled I would have taken the plunge earlier. If I develop any digestive distress I’ll stop drinking it, and I definitely notice I sleep better. But I miss being happy.

1 Like

Every one who know’s me know’s not to talk to me until I have at least one cup or more in the AM. I take it black & as granny used to say strong enough to float a horse shoe.

5 Likes

There should be a law about people like you all bushy tailed & bright eyed as soon as you wake up.

4 Likes