Does cruise control turn off automatically if ABS turns on and traction control senses a wheel slippage?

Are you saying you used the cruise control to increase speed ? No wonder the vehicle went squirrely . That is just wrong . You increase speed with the gas pedal then when you let off the set speed will reset .
Frankly if I had to pass someone like that I would cancel cruise , pass and then hit the reset button. Of course I am not driving 80 MPH when it is that close to freezing .

Yes, that is how my car works. You turn it up or down, itā€™s in the video and in the handbook. You can increase it by 1 mph or 5 mph. Iā€™ve done this for 10,000 miles on highways and never had a problem. This wasnā€™t the issue.

Iā€™ve never had a vehicle that automatically changes the set speed when you accelerate manually. They all coast back down to whatever the speed was originally set at.

Iā€™ve also never had a problem nudging the speed up with the cruise control. Theyā€™re designed to do that. Even the one in my ancient '89 Caravan did it that way.

3 Likes

After reading all the responses and reconsidering again, I think you have a software problem yet. I donā€™t know anything about adaptive cruise control but it sounds like something I would not want and would not use if I could shut it off. Maybe I have it and donā€™t even know it.

The funny thing is that we loved the adaptive cruise control, itā€™s a top feature we wanted on the new car. I rented a Toyota that had it prior to getting the Alfa and we fell in love with the way it functions. There were no vehicles in front of my car so it didnā€™t slow down as it normally would. I just thought that if for some reason a car starts to slide, the safety features like traction and stability control kick in to assist and turn off the cruise which obviously didnā€™t happen.