Does anyone know the location of the engine number on a 1981 Toyota Diesel engine

Need to locate engine number on a 1981 Toyota Diesel engine.

If it’s the engine I am thinking of it is a 2.2L. There should be a sticker under the hood or maybe even on the firewall, similar to this. In my case the engine type is in the lower left 2AZ-FE (2.4L).

thanks for that information, I was looking for the engine number location of this type of engine. The engine, transmission and rear-end where removed and put into a new home made frame with a 1925 Ford fiberglass body. Trying to get it registered and DMV needs to have the engine number as that is the only thing that would have a number that would match the VIN. The body and frame of the pickup was taken to the junk yard 2 years ago so we don’t have any of that etc. So somewhere the engine number is stamped we just can’t find it.

Trooper you might try toyotanation.com-But start out with full information such as the engine and transmission are in a kit car so none of the factory plates are present and why you need the number. You could also talk to the Toyota parts department near you.